Monday, March 30, 2009

How Do you Meet the Lord?

Where do you go? or How do you meet with the Lord? Where is your quiet place? Where are you able to be still and know God? How do you quiet yourself long enough to hear the whisper of the Lord's voice? How do you stop your mind long enough to feel the presence of God with you? How do you open your eyes wide enough to see the face of Jesus?

I run. That is where I can quiet my heart and mind to be with God. I focus one step at a time. I get my breathing and heart rate into a rhythm. I have no noise by the sound of the wind. I have no artificial visual stimulation but the beauty of God's creation. I long for the day that I can walk and Run with the Lord. I long for the day that we can endlessly talk and share and laugh together. I run for the endless day of following him through trails of new creation. Oh the day that I will never grow tired or weary. Oh the time of being side-by-side with my Lord.

I run to the Lord to see him face to face, to look into his eyes, to hear his audible voice, to touch his hand and feel his embrace. When I run I meet with the Lord. Not many words, not many thoughts, just peace in his presence.

"Therefore since we are surrounded by such a great crowd of witnesses, let us throw off everything that hinders and the sin that so easily entangles, and let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us. Let us fix our eyes on Jesus, the author and perfecter of our faith, who for the joy set before him endured the cross, scorning its shame, and sat down at the right hand of the throne of God." Hebrews 12:1-2

No comments: